Associate Software Engineer
Location: Trinidad, West Indies
Virtana is looking for engineers who are interested in building a career in robotics and software engineering in Trinidad & Tobago. As an associate software engineer at Virtana, you will implement, test, and maintain software solutions for clients’ robotics-related projects. You will work closely with the rest of the Virtana engineering team in a fast-paced and dynamic startup-style environment. Often, client projects will not be in your areas of expertise. As such, you will require a strong ability to get up to speed in various domains of software & robotics. You must be a strong, self-driven individual contributor, with the ability to help shape the direction of projects. If you are excited to put in the hard work needed to become a world class software engineer and roboticist, then Virtana is the perfect fit for you.
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar technical field
- Ability to develop complex systems, algorithms, and data structures in C++ (object oriented programming, advanced dynamic memory management, threading, templating, C++11, & STL)
- Intermediate proficiency in Python
- At least 1 year of experience with version control systems (preferably Git) in a course project or a professional setting
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency working in a Linux environment
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Proficiency in solving complex algorithmic challenges, like those found in Google’s Interview Resource Guide
Preferred Qualifications (Any of the following):
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV, & PCL
- Extensive linux development experience
- Experience with real robots
- Full-time or internship experience in production software environment
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Domain expertise in any of the following areas:
- Nonlinear optimization & linear algebra
- Multiview geometry & computer vision
- Linear systems & control theory
- Embedded software experience
- Sensors: Cameras, Ultrasonics Rangefinders, LIDAR, GPS, Gyroscopes, Accelerometers, etc.
If you’re interested, please send a resume and any additional relevant materials (e.g. website, github link, project portfolio, etc) to email@example.com. We encourage candidates to provide a code sample that helps demonstrate their software engineering and coding ability.