Location: St. Augustine, Trinidad, West Indies
Virtana is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the growing Virtana team as a business operations lead. Candidates must be self-motivated individuals who love supporting a passionate and collaborative team, coming up with creative solutions to problems, and continually improving company processes and culture.
As a business operations lead you will be involved with most of the non-engineering aspects of running Virtana. Some examples include:
- Office and Business Administration: Minor accounting & bookkeeping; Submitting paperwork to the BIR, NIB, and other government offices.
- Office Operations: Ordering office furniture, supplies, & snacks. Creating a functional and rewarding space for Virtana’s growing team. Coordinating with facilities staff to keep the space in working order & safe,
- Company Events: Organizing team building events, celebrations, & holiday events.
- Human Resources: Communicating with potential job applicants, recruiting, interview scheduling, on-boarding new employees. Since you will be touching many aspects of the business, there is a strong potential to grow into a more senior operations role as the company grows.
- Financial: Recording & categorizing company expenses in existing accounting systems, creating financial reports, recording fixed assets and calculating equipment depreciation in support of tax returns, drafting business plans, processing monthly employee payroll, Reviewing Virtana’s financials and providing insights into how we can streamline operations and continue to grow, profitably.
Virtana is a robotics software & outsourcing company that delivers robotics software solutions to international technology companies. At Virtana, we believe that exposing local engineers to these development experiences is an important step towards building a self-sufficient, expanding technology ecosystem in Trinidad & Tobago. Our vision is to make Trinidad a major player in the global robotics ecosystem, and as Virtana’s business operations lead, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
The number of weekly hours are flexible and will be 25-40 hours/week.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive and problem-solve independently and to adapt in an evolving work environment
- Proactive and detail oriented: You will notice what is out of place and fix it
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with small business accounting or book-keeping.
- Strong mental math skills.
- Familiarity with Google collaboration tools, such as Google Docs & Google Hangouts Videochat.
- Access to a motor vehicle or comfortable travelling on public transit for handling administrative issues at government offices.
If you’re interested, please send a resume and any additional relevant materials (e.g. website, github link, project portfolio, etc) to email@example.com. We encourage engineering candidates to provide a code sample that helps demonstrate their software engineering and coding ability.